A wise man once said "Boy, if you play with the pigs, you're going to get dirty".
Upon a result of a majority of non-party aligned independent candidate's being elected, the AAIM Option will file the applicable paperwork to register the AAIM Option as a party. All candidates who support the AAIM Option plan will then organize under the new party banner. As the majority, the new party will proceed to take control of the government and ensure that the promised changes are the highest priority.
Forefront during the creation of the AAIM Option plan was how can a group of independents organize without becoming the very thing the AAIM Option opposes. Evermore so when it became clear that the only viable option was for the AAIM Option to eventually form as a party. The irony is almost to much to take, until it is realized that by putting an expiry date in place, the AAIM Option plan could demonstrate to Albertans an ability to be flexible, cooperative, and diplomatic. But more important, trusted to do what the people want!
The formation of the AAIM Option (Party) will allow a temporary platform to be formed allowing the new party to become the majority.
HOW WOULD the AAIM (party) WORK?
Like all organizations there will be a need to have a chain of command to get the house in order. The AAIM Option plan will be no different.
To determine the leadership of the AAIM Option, the independently elected members will;
1. Select an interim leader. This will be done by a show of hand by all of the new party members.
2. Allow a period of 5 days for the elected members to come forward and make their case as to why they should be chosen as the leader.
3. A period of 2 days for leadership candidates to convince the elected members that they deserve their support.
4. An open ballot election be held to choose the leader. One member, one vote, to be cast by show of hand in an open forum.
5. A deputy will be selected by the new leader.
6. A cabinet will be formed from the elected members within 15 days.
To ensure that the members of the AAIM Option remain independent some rules will be needed.
1. No Independent Member (IM) shall be censored by the AAIM Option or any of it's members, assuring that each IM will maintain their freedom of speech, expression and deportment.
2. No IM will be expected / pressured to vote for or against any particular topic, bill, etc. Each IM will answer to their constituents for inappropriate decisions, comments or behavior.
3. Each IM has an equal status, no IM will be allowed special privilege unless allowed by the majority.
With the chain of command now determined, the AAIM Option will have but one goal, to reform government!
The AAIM’s Option's primary goal will be to rebuild Alberta politics from the grass roots up. To start the AAIM Option will need some new laws established and more than a few revisited or eliminated.
To get the reform process started some new laws will be passed to make party politics a thing of the past. These new laws will detail the formation of a provisional government structure that includes all elected members.
Once the laws and rules are in place a series of referendums will be held that will culminate in a massive reformation and diversification program. The new laws that are proposed will be created immediately.
1. The first law will ban political parties, unions or special interest groups from being involved in Alberta politics.
2. The second law will enact a coalition government to be formed.
The next order of business will be to organize the Coalition Government (CG). This critical process must be monitored closely by the people, and media. Remember the goal is to create a Coalition Government not a Politburo! To avoid this from happening the new government will be formed as an Executive Board that is modeled upon a publicly traded corporation. Under this model the body of the leadership would be reformed into a Executive Board to include all of the elected members.